Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gen. Santos Doctors Medical School Foundation, Inc. Campus to break ground

Posted on by in , with 20 Comments

While driving my way out of the Bulaong Bus Terminal last week, I chanced upon a billboard on the right side of the road along North Osmeña Street announcing the construction of another school campus.   This is the campus of the Gen. Santos Medical Foundation, Inc., which for the past five years has been holding fort at the Yap Building near the GSC Doctor’s Hospital along the National Highway.

Incidentally, the same people behind the hospital also own the school which offers Nursing, Radio Tech, Psychlogy and Education courses.

Eventually, I found out that the new campus is scheduled for groundbreaking on the morning of August 8, 2008, (that’s tomorrow) the same day that GenSan City Mayor Jun Acharon turns FIFTY.

Anyway, the campus centerpiece is a 4-storey progressive building which can accomodate over a thousand students.

The fenced compound of the campus of GS Medical School Foundation, Inc.

Scheduled to bless the campus is Rev. Fr. Edward S. Loberiano, CP.  Leading the ground breaking will be Vice-Mayor Flor Congson, subbing for the mayor together with School President Dr. Genaro B. Valencia, Jr. and Vice-President Dr. Daniel G. Yap.

The locational map (click for a larger view)

Currently, GenSan has 3 schools offering courses in Nursing: NDDU, Brokenshire and GS Medical School Foundation, Inc.

Tagged , , ,

20 thoughts on “Gen. Santos Doctors Medical School Foundation, Inc. Campus to break ground

1. gensanite

GenSanDoc ma ni, KUY, noh? :)

congrats to the forerunners of the school… we hope we can add more hospitals as well… as a growing city, probably the city government can look into increasing the healthcare sector/industry as the city’s need for quality healthcare fcilities increases… as well as the generation of jobs for the graduates of medical courses… :)

2. bing

nice! another school in gensan! asensado n tlga generals..
    hapi bday to mayor jun acharon! God bless!

3. AforDaboLz

Congratulations, Dr. Valencia. I was once a trainee at Doctors Hospital and it was a great learning experience. One day, I believe you will be the first to establish a school for Doctors here in Gensan. Keep up the Pioneering Spirit, Doc!

4. bariles Post author

Originally Posted By gensanite
    GenSanDoc ma ni, KUY, noh? :)

hi gensanite! The more hospitals, the more slots for our nursing graduates. And yes, better medical care quality for the sick and the inflicted. Galing ng Gensan!

5. bariles Post author

Originally Posted By bing
    nice! another school in gensan! asensado n tlga generals..
    hapi bday to mayor jun acharon! God bless!

hi bing! classmate, i hope pag-uwi mo, tayo ka rin ng negosyo! :) mabuhay ka classmate! ikaw at ang tulad mo ang modern-day heroes ng pinas.

6. bariles Post author

Originally Posted By AforDaboLz

That should be great for Gensan if that materializes, noel! Then we will truly be the Education Hub of Region 12! Thanks. :)

7. Th3a

I used to have Medicard and enrolled my parents as dependents. It was a very big help for out-patint check-ups and can cover up to 100K in hospitalization. Now that I’m married I’m quite worried about their health benefits. SSS and Philhealth could not help much as we all know. So for all senior citizens of Gen.San. do we have these HMOs in place? Thanks in advance…

8. orman

Originally Posted By Th3aHi, I would just like to inquire about HMOs (Maxicare, Medicard, Intellicare, Fortune Care, etc) in Gen.San.?

sadly health care insurance for old folks is either unavailable or if it is available, the premiums are too high. if you still have that medicard, you should have continued to pay the premiums and reap the benefits up to now. i agree that these are a big help. i suggest that you should consider getting one for yourself now if you still haven’t.

9. orman

whew! i’ve been preoccupied with so many things – hindi ko na ito napapansin… mabisita nga si dr. yap and dr. valencia….

10. Mike McClain

Hi, I am hoping there is someone that can confirm for me that there is a nursing school in General Santos city, Philippines that is called Goldenstate College.
    I am in contact with a girl in General Santos that claims she will be graduating from this school on October 28, 2008.
    I can not find any information that this school even exsists and I am worried about being lied to and possibly scammed.
    Could somebody please help me confirm this school exsists.

Mike

my email address is mikemcclain@cox.net

11. Jordan Ray Quinco

wala bang SAN PEDRO COLLEGE (gensan) ?…

hehehehe….

-a curious SPCian… davao

12. Red

Hmmmm…. mao ba? nah, madato na ug samot ang tag iya!!!! tsk tsk. try to study there dude, so you will understand what I mean.

13. Sol Banez

i’m from r.a. gapuz review center. we would like to expand our network in our review center…I would like to know what are the nursing schools in gensan?? because we will be going to gensan on the 21st to promote our packages and privileges from our company and to increase gensan topnotchers….Godspeed!

14. Rosemarie Jugarap

Hi, thank you for creating this website or Gensan News Online Magazine. It is very informative. I live in Florida, and I am wondering if there’s a possibility of getting more info. about schools, or NCLEX- Review Center. I am coming home to visit but at the same time I am interested in taking review classes if available. Regarding this school, is there a number to call because I need to find out when the registration will start, what are the requirements, tuition fees and if there’s board and lodging available inside the campus. Please email me back. Thank you.

15. Pingback: Gen. Santos Doctors Medical School Foundation, Inc. campus building inaugurated! | GenSan News Online Mag

16. shajara

wow!!
    salamat naman at nadagdagan ang magagandang schools dto sa gensan..sana may medtec sa doctor’s para makapagaral ako dyan…