GSC Junior Officials Top 16 Chosen(updated)
From my collegue Elmer Cequena‘s blog, GenSanLand, is the list of the creme of the crop of high school students from General Santos City who made it to the TOP 16 List of candidates for the 2009 GSC Junior Officials.
This yearly search for the best and brightest among the young generals is undertaken by the local government of GenSan through the Youth Affairs and Development Office under the City Mayor’s Office, to enable them to immerse themselves in the different positions of elected government officials for a week. In short, for five working days, they will be “taking over” the duties and functions of the mayor, the vice mayor and the 12 city councilors.
Here is what GenSanLand has to say about the screenings:
After the rigorous competitive examination last October 7, 2009 and the interview held last October 16, 2009, we now came up with the results of the search for this year’s elite GSC Junior Officials. The final results were taken up by summing up the competitive examination (60%) and the interview (40%).
From a total of 110 applicants coming from the different high schools in the city, we shortlisted it to 30 after the competitive examination. After the interview phase, we again shortlisted it to 16 which is the same number of elected and ex-officio officials in the GSC local government. Congratulations!
Bariles was privileged to be part of the panel of interviewees and he was very much delighted with the quality of the applicants this year, especially in terms of being vocal in their ambition to effect change in their surroundings and in their communities. KUDOS TO THEM AND TO ALL THE WINNERS!
The TOP 16 Candidates to the Search for the 2009 General Santos City Junior Officials are:
1. Ava Clarisse B. Santander –Mindanao State University-CETD – 85.50%
2. Jessica Danielle G. Datoon – NDDU – IBED Espina Campus – 84.90%
3. Ron Salvador Facturan – Shalom Crest Wizard Academy – 83.30%
4. Peter Chrysologus C. Diaz – Mindanao State University-CETD – 83.10%
5. Justin S. Manching – NDDU – IBED Lagao Campus – 83.00%
6. Kamila Mae D. Gonzales – ND – Sienna College of GSC – 82.70%
7. Joanna Carla M. Estorninos – NDDU – IBED Lagao Campus – 82.40% (voted Junior City Mayor)
8. Fernnie M. Magalona – Mindanao State University-CETD – 82.00%
9. Shyn Marie S. Ebol – Mindanao State University-CETD – 81.87% (voted Junior Vice Mayor)
10. Jennifer Galia – Holy Trinity College of GSC – 81.50%
11. Kim Nyree l. Chiew – GS Hope Christian School – 81.40%
12. Danny L. Mianagua, Jr. – Labangal National High School – 81.30%
13. Richel N. Pedregosa – NDDU – IBED Lagao Campus – 81.10%
14. Sheena Amor Seneres – ND – Sienna College of GSC – 80.60%
15. Churchill John L. Tabuada – Labangal National High School – 80.40%
16. Hannah Gleenah D. Yumang- Holy Trinity College of GSC – 79.90%
The Mindanao State University-CETD lead the finalists with four students from the school making it, led by topnotcher Ava Clarisse Santander.
They are followed by NDDU-IBED Lagao Campus with three of its top students getting into the Magic 16.
Then, Sienna College of GSC, Holy Trinity College and Labangal National High School follow suit with two students each landing a slot in the elite group.
The rest, Shalom Crest Wizard Academy, Holy Trinity College, and Hope Christian School round up the remaining slots with one student each.
These students will then be voting among themselves who they believe is fit for the role of Junior Mayor, Junior Vice Mayor and the 14 Junior members of the City Council.
Past members of the GSC Junior Officials are:
- ABS-CBN Field Reporter Chat Ansagay, who became a UP Baguio alumnus;
- Former ABS-CBN Feature Writer and Host Gwyn Marie Ebol, who graduated from UP Diliman;
- Leigh Ann and Katherine Ann Grandeza, both Cum Laude grads of Immaculate Conception University Ateneo de Davao University;
- Jeffrey Paulo Sunglao, now marketing manager of family-owned Paseo del Sol, Pablo’s Steaks and Crabs and Ranchero Grill;
- Rom Kenneth Sales, graduated Magna Cum Laude from NDDU;
- Lt. Jeremy de Guzman, former Junior City Mayor and PMA Graduate;
- Eric Gerard Nebran, former Junior City Councilor, graduated as Magna Cum Laude and now Professor of NDDU;
- Roberto Sabido and Donna Ann Balboa, former Junior Councilor and Junior Vice Mayor respectively, who moved on and graduated from UP Diliman;
- Former Junior City Mayor
Mark JosephBrian Boayes, the first graduate of the prestigious Maritime Academy of the Philippines who hails from GenSan!
If you have more to add in the list of noteworthy achievers and former GSC Junior City Officials, just leave a message below.
Meanwhile, as constant reader Fahdingding always say, “Dapat ito silang i-CLAP CLAP!”