Isla Jardin del Mar, Glan’s newest white beach resort opens

Bariles  just received an invitation from the owners of Sydney Hotel and Isla Parilla to the “soft opening” of their newest baby – the Isla Jardin Del Mar, a beach resort at Gumasa, Glan, Sarangani Province on Saturday, January 23, 2010.

"THE PICTURE FILE OF THE INVITATION TO THE ISLA JARDIN DEL MAR SOFT OPENING OF JANUARY 23, 2009"

Situated at what was once a secluded cove along the shorelines of Gumasa, right after the property of the Salazars and the Adarna’s,  the whole resort occupies a total of 34 hectares, half of which have earmarked for development.

Isla Jardin Del Mar which literally means “Island Garden of the Sea” in Spanish is managed by Charlemagne “Wanchin” Tan-Delfino.  She gushes about how the provincial Governor Migs Dominguez and Glan Municipality Mayor Yoyong Yap were instrumental in the resort’s development with their provision for a road to be built from the highway to the beach.

Why that name?  Because if viewed from the air, Isla Jardin del Mar looks like a “peninsula connected to a small island… with the cottages and a restaurant floating over two separate white sand bars.”, according to the Sarangani Provincial Office P.R. The P.R. continues:  “The pinkish white shoreline stretches and curves 750 meters, which gives one an impression that the beachfront is part of a small island”.

"THE COTTAGES AVAILABLE FOR OVERNIGHT STAY AT ISLA JARDIN DEL MAR. PHOTO FROM SARANGANI PIO."

"TWO OF THE COTTAGES AVAILABLE FOR OVERNITE STAYING VISITORS. PHOTO COURTESY OF SARANGANI PROVINCIAL INFO OFC"

Each available airconditioned bamboo cottage with terrace and private bathroom may be rented out for P2,000 per day and is inclusive of free breakfast for two.  Ten more fan-equipped cottages are cheaper at P1,500 and is good for four people.  There is also a line of open cottages for those who don’t plan to stay overnite.

There is a lagoon at the other side of the road and a fish pond is being readied for fishing hobbyists.  Mountain trek activities have been arranged for would-be nature enthusiasts and the views from the hills which serve as boundaries for the property should delight everyone. Just at the other side of the road is a lagoon.

"SANDRA MATUTINO, REIGNING PEARL OF SARANGANI PLAY WITH THE PINKISH-WHITE SAND OF THE 750-METER BEACHFRONT OF ISLA JARDIN DEL MAR. A FEW METERS TOWARDS THE SEA BEHIND HER IS A CORAL GARDEN FOR SNORKELERS TO ENJOY. PHOTO BY COCOY SEXCION."

“There will be crabs and a fish pond in the future so we can do fishing,” Wanchin disclosed. The lagoon has a breathtaking view of a small lake and the Sarangani Bay atop the hills which serve as the boundaries for Isla Jardin Del Mar.

At the beach there is a coral garden about 25 meters from the shoreline which can be enjoyed by snorkelers and divers due to this thriving school of colorful coral fish.

So what are you waiting for?  Get that phone and contact the following numbers for your reservations:  Sydney Hotel – 552-5479 to 81 or 0910-758-1239.   Tell them Bariles sent you. :)

Watch out for a follow up article on Isla jardin del Mar, this time with more pictures.  Bariles and his friends will be at the opening where a Beach Volleyball competition and an SMB Beach Party with live band await them. Yey!

Tagged , , , ,

Comments

1. dimple says:

wow! another summer destination..

2. Nate Marx says:

Wow..sarap matulog dito. . .

3. sheng says:

I am excited!

4. fahdingding says:

Wow! Another TOURISM Destination for SocSkSarGen!
    GLan is positioning as the Tourism Capital of Sarangani…..

5. fahdingding says:

Laki ng future ng GUMASA as a tourist destination…
    DEVELOP! DEVELOP! DEVELOP!

6. lito says:

nice place!

7. BrAvO SiX says:

nice place to hang out on summer….

8. elmerceq says:

Another choice for beach retreat on weekends. Can’t wait to be there with my family.

9. rosilie says:

wow! another spot worth visiting.

take care. mwa!
    From me and my other blogs:

10. orman says:

couldn’t wait to visit the place… may pagdadalhan nanaman tayo ng mga guests natin…

11. spyder says:

sarap naman!
    sama k vel?

12. devon says:

nice ah, thumbs up!

13. […] and I were there over the weekend. We joined bloggers Orman Manansala,  Avel Manansala, Ric Dumalay, Sheng Dumalay, Jinky Borela, Arnel Borela, Gilbert Tan, Donna Mae Congson, Mandi […]

14. […] thanks to the following: Mr. and Mrs. Marfin Tan, Ms. Wanchin Tan-Delfino, Michelle Lopez Solon, Avel Manansala,  Orman Manansala, Gilbert Tan, John Achavel, Jinky and Arnel Borela, Sheng and Ric Dumalay, Donna […]

15. vince says:

sa totoo lang nakaka disappoint ang rate..we stayed there sa fan room ,1300…6 kami nag stay sa room and then nag check out kami siningil ang 4 na tao.kasi ang 1300 pala is good for 2 lang eh hindi naman klaro sa pricing nila na ganun pala..sabi ng frontdesk officer marketing strategy daw, but not accpetable ang rason panloloko ang ginagawa nila.considering wala pang magandang amenities na ma i offer.they even dont have a pool yet ( i know ka kastart pa lang pero sana the rate is medyo babaan and give some consideration naman, gahaman na kasi maningil) you cant even swim the whole strecth of the beach kasi madaming corals.food is mahal and very small ang serving.one more thing…..sana palitan ng bisagra ang door ng mga cottage kasi distructive ang sound evrytime na nagbubukas tama na ang sahig lang ang maingay pag nilakaran….

1. bariles says:

@Vince, am sure management will be able to read this and answer your concerns. How much did you pay for the extra persons, by the way?

2. sammy says:

nakaka turn off naman pala if ganyan lang ang kinalalabasan sa accomodation. we are planning pa naman to have our summer vacation there on march 2013.. pinagyayabang ko pa naman ang kagalingan ng resort . my salestalk really sold out local tourist. we are about 15 pax to come and spend summer vacation. sayang.. ano kaya ang kanilang ginagawa para maka attract more local & foreign tourists?

16. vince says:

200/person

17. white knight says:

I haven’t yet visited this newest beach resort in Glan. But i agree to the comment of Vince. Three years ago we did also have our beach outing in a well known beach resort in Gumasa. The beach is nice but what I have noticed is the cottage rent is a bit expensive knowing that the place was not yet fully developed. Sana my unsolicited suggestion to the owners of the beach resorts in Glan, in order to attract more local tourists to come you should not overly commercialize your rental price, foods,etc. in order that people will keep on coming back. Remember, Gumasa is more or less 2 hours travel here from Gensan…i’ve rather relax and swim in Tropicana with a pool and complete amenities rather than tiring myself of going in far beaches….

18. saint says:

prang ang mahal din talga

19. marjorie says:

hmmm…looks interesting to me..pefect timing as i am about to take my vacation in Gensan this year but i am a bit disappointed knowing the comments of some customers
    who actually visited the resort already..it sounds like the resort is not actually a fabulous one as i expected to be ( cottages rate,limited amenities,expensive foods etc)..now i am having second thoughts…i really would love to take my whole family to a nice resort where we can enjoy evrything!

20. mr.pogi says:

what a Nice place ever….maganda talaga,tapos very accumodating pa ang mga guards..ang babait nila. Sarap balikbalikan ang lugar nyo..ang babait ng mga guards.Lalo na yong guard named Richard.Magalang sya…Keep up the good work! God bless….

21. Maxim says:

Nice nice place!

22. Michael says:

Why to much expensive, while lack of proper amenities. Hope they will improve the service and amenities and avoid taking advantage thru over pricing so that local tourist and expats will come back again.

23. Michael says:

I’m from Gensan and working outside. I can bring a hundred of my american friends here because they like virgin beaches like Gumasa.

24. cyrus john says:

yes, i agree with that.the rate is so high,while lack of amenities,,
    i’ve gone there last week august 29, had my overnight there..and as i observe the place is solemn and romantic,it’s good to tan in the seashores.but in the morning when i woke up,i’ve seen the sea water very untidy.sana meron nmn silang maintenance para malinis tingnan

25. Peter John Ate says:

Isla Jardin,,,,,see you on october 17,2010, I’m Excited to be w/ you,hahahaha

1. bariles says:

@Peter John Ate, enjoy your stay while you can. Just make sure it’s high tide when you go for a swim at Isla Jardin del Mar. Or go snorkeling because there’s a wide coral garden there. :)

26. Peter John Ate says:

5 days to go,,and we will see its other hehehe,i love to watch corals,and colorful fishes,i will bring my goggles on sunday,see you, isla jardin.

27. Peter John Ate says:

isla jardin del mar,, see you tommorow,, i am very excited.

28. Peter John Ate says:

isla jardin del mar,is such a nice place,the corals and fishes and foot trail is very nice.

29. […] Restaurant is at the 2nd floor of Sydney Hotel (owner of Isla Jardin del Mar) which can be found at the corner of Pioneer Avenue and Pendatun Avenue. It faces Plaza Heneral […]

30. ahm.. I’ve been here wth my family and friends.. wew .its nice 2 go back again.. i miz it..

31. nelly says:

I’ve been there for 4 times already and plan to be back again hopefully this Holy Week…me and my family love the place…its almost paradise..:)

32. this PLACE is really good destination for summer..I’ve been there..all I can say Ohh..it’s a paradise…believe me.,..

33. it’s a good place for summer I’ve been there..sooo
    OHH…OHH..it’s a paradise

34. amyumi says:

do u have cottages for bigger number of people maybe 10 or more and how much is your rate for an over night stay?… my whole family is planning to visit this holy week

35. nex says:

Our family went to IJDM last June 2011. I was a little disappointed with the food. I expected that the service and meals will taste like isla parilla since they both have same owners. Sad to say the restaurant is a far cry from IP.

The place is far from downtown, so visitors really expect something big and refreshing pag dating nila sa venue. The moment na late sinerve ang food ng 2 hours at nakalimutan i-endorse ng previous shift ng cafteria sa next shift ang order. Malamang iinit ang ulo ng guest. So I hope the management will follow up on the services.
    Hindi maiiwasan na i compare ang IJDM sa IP specially sa taste ng food.

36. plene says:

I have seen the photo from my cousin and I love this picture one day I will bring my children there , so beautiful but the problem don’t know exactly where that is in the philippines.If you don’t mind can you email me in my email so that I have an idea and that will be my next place to visit .

Please send me detail on my email please I want to know more about it. the picture so lovely.Hope to hear from you .

plene

37. Todd Hirsch says:

I am looking forward to relaxing at this resort. =)

38. ice ice says:

me and my friends are planning to go here next month. just wanna ask if ganito pa din manaGement sa resort?? ung rate ng room and food kc galing kami manila at mahaba byahe mahirap na malipasan ng gutom.. im having second thoughts already. we might go to lemlunay if ever , ive been there and the food is really nice :)

FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM @avelmanansala