The Christmas Star- SunCity Suites’ Parol Making Contest
With Christmas just around the corner, one of General Santos City’s newer and bigger hotels, the SunCity Suites, has just released the mechanics of its Parol Making Contest dubbed “The Christmas Star“.
Even before the local government has launched its own annual Yuletide Program, the Pasko-Sa-GenSan, SunCity Suites is making sure that their very own offering for the Christmas Season will attract the most skillful young men and women we have in the city this early, according to its fantabulous manager Philip Pabelic.
Registration to SunCity Suites’ Parol Making Contest is free. Here below are its mechanics:
- This Parol Making Contest is open to all secondary schools/high schools and colleges in General Santos City.
- The parol or lantern entry must have a minimum height of 3 feet but must not exceed 5 feet.
- Indigenous materials must be used and proper lighting must b e added to enhance the aesthetic presentation or visual effect.
- Deadline for submission of entries is 3pm, November 25th, wherein the judges will choose the Top 10 entries. They shall be on display at the SunCity Complex until January 4, 2012.
- The final judging will be on December 8, 2011.
- Entries that no not comply to the rules and regulations of this contest shall be disqualified.
- Registration forms must indicate the names of the contestants and the schools they are representing.
- Winners will be announced on December 17, 2011.
Here are the registration centers where you can get the registration forms and submit them after filling them up:
- SunCity Suites
- Mitchy’s Car & Accessories
- Bench Robinsons
The TOP 3 winners to SunCity Suites’ Parol Making Contest will receive the following cash prizes:
- First Prize – P10,000
- Second Prize – P5,000
- Third Prize – P3,000
For more details to this Christmas Lantern Competition, please contact Ms. Kate Budke at telephone #s (083) 552-3333 or 0922-8009739.