Krisis sa Mindanao?

I would like to share with you a video from Lourd de Veyra, part of a series which he dishes out regularly in his weekly program on TV 5, “Word of the Lourd”.

It says a lot on what we Mindanaoans have been complaining about for ages – the bad rap we have been getting due to the manner in which mainstream media nonchalantly lump up every unfavorable incident that happens in various places here into one “convenient term” to describe its location – “MINDANAO”.

That is basically the very reason why this blog of ours was conceptualized in the first place, four years ago and why the group, the Soccsksargen Bloggers was born.  We had to band together to change other people’s negative perception of our region in particular and Mindanao in general through our blogs.

And we are thrilled and thankful that Lourd de Veyra, who is not even from these parts, is joining us on this cause.   Check out his video below and see what we mean!

Daghang salamat Lourd!  Galing mo bai!

Tagged , ,

Related Posts

Comments

1. DAX says:

AGREE!!! TAMA!!! IKALAT ITO!!!

2. even before I first set foot in Mindanao, I never thought of it as dangerous… majority is peaceful… I love mindanao! I enjoy every place I visited… And I always recommend mindanao to my friends…

I am one with you in spreading the good things I experienced in mindanao… ^_^

3. bariles says:

@Dax, salamat! See you back here soon! 😀

@Mervz, thanks! We need more people like you. Mabuhay ka! 😀

4. ahgarcera says:

superrrr love the video… naway matauhan nah ang mga irresposible media and residence ng Philippines that is using the world “Mindanao Crisis”… mahiya2 naman kayo… hehehehe 🙂

5. rrrrr says:

pila na nako ni na times ginatan aw, and it’s defenitely true. ang media talaga ano.

6. fahdingding says:

Karapat – dapat kang iCLAP! CLAP!

7. Shen says:

wow! 2 thumbs up…..i agree with this….when i was studying in Manila..my friends/classmates always asked me….” di ba nakakatakot sa inyo,sa Mindanao? madaming Muslim?laging may gulo?” then i would reply them the same thing over & over..sa place ko,sa Gensan.we all get along..i have lots of Muslim friends and walang gulo sa bayan kung saan ako ipinanganak at lumaki…at mas natatakot akong maglakad dito sa Manila compared sa amin..wag nyo lahatin ang places…dahil kahit ano pa man…I am proud of where i came from…….

8. ruslyn says:

Galing galing naman ng pagkakagawa… ito ang pangtapat sa iresponsabling pag babalita ng media… Thanks! sir bariles…

9. riz says:

bwahahahahh! i love the last part! tumahhh!

10. Apple048 says:

Very informative video. I agree that not all places in mindanao eh magulo. Karamihan pa nga magaganda eh! Madia lang talaga ang nagpapagulo.

Philippines current Events

11. White Knight says:

I have seen this video before especially early dawn. Yes i totally agree with the host and TV 5 for making this video a reminder to all of us that indeed we should be careful in our actions, comments over the media because it will have a great impression. Although the Media has become a responsible journalist but their are still others who are not carefull of their news, commentaries and bias observations. A balance reporting is crucial in our informations. Media has a vital role to play and so are we.

12. I have been here for almost a year. I really have to go down here from Manila just to see the real situation here.

SMART WELCOME CHANGE