P-Noy releases funding for P50M Road Concreting Projects in GenSan
Seven of General Santos City’s major road arteries will finally get the attention they deserve with the recent approval and release of fifty million pesos (P50,000) earmarked for their improvement by the President of the Republic through the Department of Interior and Local Government.
The amount coming from the Local Government Support Fund (LGSF) has already been released to the Department of Budget and Management Region XII. It will finance the seven road concreting projects that were included in the letter of GenSan City Mayor Darlene Antonino-Custodio to President Benigno Aquino III dated December 20, 2011, requesting for funding assistance.
Here are the names of the roads and their respective budgets:
- Tiongson Street – Barangay Lagao, Gen. Santos City – P 3,000,000.00
- Along Napal Road – Barangay Conel, Gen. Santos City – P 14,000,000.00
- Aparente Street – Barangay City Heights, Gen. Santos City – P 10,000,000.00
- Salvani Street – Barangay City Heights, Gen. Santos City – P 10,000,000.00
- Anonas Street – Brgy Dadiangas West, Gen. Santos City – P 3,000,000.00
- Cagampang Street – Brgy Dadiangas South, Gen. Santos City – P 5,000,000.00
- Rivera Street – Barangay Lagao, Gen. Santos City – P5,000,000.00
The biggest amount has been earmarked for the concreting of Napal Road in Barangay Conel at the amount of P14,000.000.00, followed by Aparente and Salvani (Block8) Streets at P10,000,000.00 each.
The South Cotabato Sub-District Engineering Office of the Department of Public Works and Highways will undertake the implementation of the aforementioned projects starting this month of March 2012.
Tagged Aparente Street, Barangay City Heights, Barangay Conel, Barangay Dadiangas South, BARANGAY DADIANGAS WEST, Barangay Lagao, Cagampang Street, Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of Public Works and Highways, mayor darlene antonino-custodio, Napal Road, President Benigno Aquino Jr., Rivera Street, Salvani Street, Tiongson Street