More fun in the sun at the Sarangani Bay Fest 2012!
Expect the Sarangani Bay Festival 2012, Mindanao’s Biggest Beach Party to be more fun and better this year!
The Sarangani Bay Festival or SarBayFest is a two-day event annually conducted by the province of Sarangani to showcase its huge tourism potentials and draw focus on preserving the eco-system of Sarangani Bay.
Now on its 7th year, the SarBay Fest 2012 which has been drawing more crowds each year (with 40,000 expected to come when it unravels on May 18-19), will be more organized and better managed, according to Soccksargen tourism maven Michelle Solon.
“Governor Migs Dominguez has decided to conduct the main events in a bigger two-hectare venue between White Haven and Rosal Resorts in Gumasa, Glan. The main stage will be there and people can feed themselves at any of the food kiosks which all occupy one portion.”
“An area for a TENT CITY has been proportioned for those who could not be accommodated in the resorts dotting the four-kilometer white sand beach there and even pension houses and inns in the Glan town center have been readied,” she added.
Parking which was a huge problem during the previous festivals has also been addressed.
According to Ms. Michelle, “The main activity center will have ample parking spaces for all vehicles this time.”
NOTE: Gumasa’s White Sand Beaches will be a pitstop of the SEX Tour 4.0 for Bloggers.
One of the most anticipated events of SarBay Fest is the Swim-Across-the-Bay Challenge, where 10 teams will compete to swim the fastest along the 15-kilometer route from Tinoto, Maasim Municipality to Reycon Beach in Tango, Glan Municipality. That should make it the longest open ocean swimming competition in the country.
There is also the youth favorite “Sayaw Sarangan, Hataw sa Tag-araw” a Dance Marathon which will kick off at 9am on May 18 according to the official Sarangani Bay Fest Schedule of Activities. Check out its poster below.
New competitions to be introduced this year are the Fire Dancing Exhibition and the Zumba Party. There is also the Sarangani Swim Challenge 2012 also at Gumasa, Glan. Contestants may compete in any of its three categories: 500 meters, 300 meters and 150 meters.
Crowd drawer Bay Bodies, a search for Sarangani’s Sexiest and Brawniest has been scheduled to delight festival goers on May 18, 2012.
Here is the complete Schedule of Events for the Sarangani Bay Festival 2012 and the contact details of each event host.
- 5 a.m. – Swim Across the Bay – from Tinoto, Maasim to Tango, Glan (contact person Nemrad Butil – 09306534953)
- 5 a.m. – Sarangan Run, Gumasa (Gay Ulanday – 09394469035)
- 7 a.m. – Beach Dance Marathon – Main Venue (between Rosal Beach and White Haven Beach) (contact STIPC 083-5085230 and 083-5085244)
- 8 a.m. – Sarangani Swim Challenge – Main Venue (Ian Rodriguez – 09204394712)
- 8 a.m. – Sand Sculpture – Rosal Beach Resort (Quinn Villaruel – 09209695540)
- 8 a.m. – Coastal Clean-up/Scubasurero/ Artificial Reef Deployment
- 8 a.m. – Bay Fair/Health and Wellness – Main Venue (STIPC/Alfan Fabio – 09182198285)
- 9 a.m. – Sayaw Sarangan: Hataw sa Tag-araw – Main Venue (Quinn Villaruel – 09209695540)
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Beach Volleyball – Rosal Beach Resort (William Rebucan – 09166260979)
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Beach Football – Coco Beach Resort (c/o STIPC)
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Skim Boarding Clinic – White Haven Beach Resort (c/o STIPC)
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Poi and Zip Clinic – Main Venue (c/o STIPC)
- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Pinta sa Baybayon – Main Venue (Jimboy Pestano – 09262663597)
- 7 p.m. – Fire Dancing Exhibition – Main Venue ((c/o STIPC)
- 7 p.m. – Bay Bodies – Main Venue (Lorenzo Bayoneto – 09082958752)
- 9 p.m. – Summer Party at the Bay (with Beat Lab DJ’s) – Main Venue (c/o STIPC).
- 8 a.m. – Beach Dance Marathon – Main Venue (c/o STIPC)
- 8 a.m. – Bancarera – Main Venue (Bombo Radyo/Yvonne Carangue – 09215564854/083-5527080)
- 8 a.m. – Coastal Clean-up – Main Venue
- 8 a.m. – Bay Fair/Health and Wellness – Main Venue
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Beach Volleyball – Rosal Beach Resort
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Beach Football – Coco Beach Resort
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Skim Boarding Clinic – Main Venue
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Poi and Zip Clinic – Main Venue
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Zumba Party – Main Venue (c/o STIPC)
- 7 p.m. – All Night Beach Party – Main Venue (c/o STIPC)
For more information about this SarBay Fest Schedule of Activities, you may contact the Sarangani Tourism and Investment Promotion Center -- (083) 508-5230/508-5244 or email email@example.com.