Sarangani Beach Resort Series: White Haven Resort
In view of the upcoming Sarangani Bay Festival 2012, we are running a “Sarangani Beach Resort Series“. Read on.
Sarangani Province‘s white sand beaches have already earned a considerable amount of attention ever since the Adarna‘s opened their family-owned 4-km stretch of white sand beach property in Barangay Gumasa, Municipality of Glan about 10 years ago.
At the onset of the social media phenomenon however, photos and stories about the immaculately-white beach there started surfacing online rapidly, thus increasing awareness about their pristine waters and starting the steady stream of visitors in search for the “perfect” beach to the area.
Not a few say that the beaches of Gumasa are comparable to Boracay … which is still quite arguable but one thing is certain, however. There’s no stopping the fame of Sarangani’s white sand beach resorts and their rustic charms!
First off the bat is White Haven Beach Resort.
This establishment is the first of the three Adarna-family-owned white sand beach resorts in Gumasa, Glan. Located at the northern side of the 4-kilometer beach front, White Haven Beach Resort is a favorite of those who prefer a quiet and laidback vacation.
White Haven Beach Resort has two large cottages, the Bongkawil and the Pagoda available for their guests at the beach front.
Entrance Fee is only P70 for guests 6-years old and above.
Here are their rates:
- BONGKAWIL (Beachfront) – P4,900 with 3 rooms, free use of refrigerator and gas range. With extra open cottage at the back for dining and cooking; 1st room, air-conditioned with 1 matrimonial bed: 2nd room (2nd level), air-conditioned with 2 single beds: 3rd room (basement), non-airconditioned with 4 single beds and fan: Cost is inclusive of FREE ENTRANCE to 8 persons. Excess person is charged P100 per night.
- PAGODA (Beachfront) – P4,500 with 2 rooms, free use of refrigerator and gas range. With extra open cottage at the back for dining and cooking: 1st room, air-conditioned with toilet. Contains 1 queen-sized bed and 1 single bed: 2nd room (extension wing), air-conditioned with 5 single beds and fan: Cost is inclusive of FREE ENTRANCE to 8 persons. Excess person is charged P100 per night.
- BUDIONG – P4,200 with 10 single beds, with toilet inside; free use of refrigerator & gas range; Air-conditioned room with toilet & bath inside; FREE ENTRANCE to 10 persons, excess person is charged P100/night.
- SQ UP (Sleeping Quarters Up) - P 2,500 air-conditioned room with 6 single beds, free use of gas range & open cottage; FREE ENTRNCE to 10 persons, excess person is charged P100/night.
- SQ DOWN (Sleeping Quarters Down) - P2,900 air-conditioned room with 9 single beds, free use of gas range & open cottage; Air-conditioned room; FREE ENTRANCE to 9 persons, excess person is charged P100/night.
- SIGAY - P3,000 good for 2 persons, maximum of 4, free use of refrigerator and gas range; Air-conditioned room with pull-out bed, toilet and bath inside; FREE ENTRANCE to 2 persons, excess person is charged P100/night.
- BACKPACKER ROOMS:
- ROOM 1 - P750 with complete set of beddings for 1 queen-sized bed, with electric fan & free breakfast for two from 7am to 8:30am.
- ROOM 2 – P1,000 with complete set of beddings for 1 single & 1 queen-sized bed, with electric fan, & free breakfast for 3 from 7am to 8:30am.
- ROOM 3 – P750 with complete set of beddings for 2 single beds, with electric fan, & free breakfast for 2 from 7am to 8:30am.
- ROOM 4 – P750 with complete set of beddings for 2 single beds, with electric fan, & free breakfast for 2 from 7am to 8:30am.
Wait! There’s more….
- OPEN COTTAGES:
- TACLOBO: P2,500 with free use of refrigerator and gas range; Free use of 4 foams with cover, with ceiling fan & exclusive toilet and bath.
- PAWIKAN: Maximum of 20 persons; Day Rate – P800 (9am – 5pm); Night Rate – P 800 (5:30pm – 8am)
- SMALL OPEN COTTAGES: Maximum of 15 persons; Day Rate – P500 (9am – 5pm); Night Rate – P500 (5:30pm – 8am)
Guests who prefer to just pitch up their own tents may do so at the white beach. They just need to register and pay for each tent at a minimum of P100 per day depending on the tent size. Use of their own appliances will also be charged at P50 per unit.
Check-in time is 2:00 PM and Check-out time is 12:00 Noon.
Other facilities available are:
- Kayak (Tandem) – P200 per hour for 2 persons with life vests
- Skimboard - P50 per hour
- Volleyball – P50 per hour
- Bangka (small) - P50 per hour for 2 persons with life vests
- Bangka (big) - P70 per hour for 5 persons with life vests.
Extra Beddings may also be rented out…
- Foam - P100 with bed sheet
- Complete Set Foam - P150 with pillow, bed sheet and blanket
- Tejeras (Folding Bed) - P150 per day/night
- Plastic Mat - P100 per day/night
- Pillow - P 25 per day/night
- Blanket – P50 per day night
- Mosquito Net – P50 per night
- Towel - P50
To reserve your stay at White Haven Beach Resort, you may call the following contact numbers: (083) 826-9319; 826-9341 or 0290-9479148. Look for Cenie between 8am – 8pm daily.
White Haven Beach Resort management reiterates that for confirmed bookings and reservations, they require FULL DEPOSIT through bank transfer or payment at their office. For more inquiries, just call them.