Starbucks GenSan announces Job Vacancy for Store Manager
Starbucks is currently looking for a Store Manager to handle their store in SM City General Santos.
For this post, I have indicated the details of the position below. Interested and qualified candidates can send their resume to this email address: email@example.com
Position Title: Retail Store Manager
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of store partners to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners. The store manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the store’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store.
The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Displays a “customer comes first” attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service;
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store partners to ensure smooth flow of operations;
- Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks. *Demonstrates a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set an example for the store team;
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives; and
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations; and
- Constantly monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure partner development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Regularly utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance;
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store. Included are Automated Labor Scheduling, Monthly Status Report, Quarterly Business Review, cash management and inventory management;
- Ensures and is accountable for adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for non-exempt and minor store partners;
- Regularly uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute district and regional initiatives. This includes Partner Resources, Marketing, Partner & Asset Protection, Food & Beverage, Coffee, and Retail Implementation; and
- Solicits customer feedback to understad customer needs and the needs of the community in which the store lives.
Partner Development/Team Building – Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results;
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements;
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with store team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs, and concerns;
- Actively manages store partners by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing partner performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives;
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative, and impactful methods of recognition; and
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where all partners are valued and respected.
- With at least 3 – 5 years experience as a Store Manager in the same field
- Expertise in Directing Workforce and Manages Store’s Performance
- Knowledge in Profit & Loss and Store’s Financial Presentation
Lastly, for interested applicants for the Barista position, candidates can send their resumes directly to the store. They can drop by anytime and submit their updated resumes to the store manager.